Collected transaction logs do not match any existing full da

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

[MERGED] : Error in SQL Transaction Log Backup

Veeam Logoby WinstonWolf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:46 am

Hello ,

I have an Error when i want to backup the SQL Server Transaction Logs :

"Collected SQL Server transaction logs do not match any existing database backup"

What means this error ?
WinstonWolf
Expert

Liked: 4 times

Re: Collected transaction logs do not match any existing ful

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:21 pm

Your post has been merged into existing discussion. Check the answers provided above and open a ticket, if further help is needed. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 987 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby WinstonWolf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Ok ,

What is the Solution for this Error ?
In other Forums there is a Link to the SOLVED Answer . All of the Posts before has no solutions for this Error .
I find it very Strange that so many Customers has this Error but Veeam has no Solution for This ?
WinstonWolf
Expert

Liked: 4 times

Veeam Logoby foggy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:13 pm

The reason is that this error can be a result of different issues and to effectively investigate what particular issue you're seeing, you should contact technical support and provide logs for review. Some of the issues that could cause this message were already addressed in the Veeam B&R v9, some have hotfixes, so I strongly recommend opening a case.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1095 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby fraack » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi Folks,

I have the same issue for one of `my customers SQL Servers. He opened a case (02184371) but it came to no result. He is running a SQL Server with 48 databases. 50% of db´s are in simple recovery mode, so Veeam should actually skip the transaction log processing and exclude these db´s. When we review the job report it seems to work in detail for every sindle DB as it is designed. Some are excluded and some are protected in detail like desired. But the job summary in total is failed because of a missing db full.

When I review the db settings in SQL server itself there is a time stamp set for the last full backup that Veeam did. So it seems that everything works absolutely like designed in this environment but the customer receives a worng report. There is no other maintainence task or apllication running against this SQL server.

I also double checked the Guest Helper logs on SQL server. There are no issues.

Does somebody has an idea why we receive a failed email report wehen everthing is fine?
fraack
Certified Trainer

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Florian Raack

Veeam Logoby foggy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Florian, this doesn't look expected, so I've asked QA to check. You can also continue investigating with your support engineer, as far as I can see from the case notes, you didn't reply to his latest requests. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby fraack » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:00 am

Hi Foggy,

thanks for your reply. The customer stopped the communication because of illness. If you get feedback from QA I would be glad if you could let me know. Otherwise I will discuss with the customer to investigate a bit more detail with your tech support.
fraack
Certified Trainer

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Florian Raack

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:29 pm

QA have checked but didn't see anything unexpected, the report contained valid information. So I'd recommend to continue working with support in case the issue still exists.
foggy
Veeam Software

Previous

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication