Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Evgeny
Influencer
Liked: never

Commvault Simpana and Veeam

Post by Evgeny »

Hi,

I am looking for a comparason between Commvault Simpana and Veeam Backup solution.
We currently proposing our client Full VM solution which including Veeam Backup, our competitor came up with Comvault Simpana. I never seen Simpana in action and would like to understand what the difference in order to fight for the truth? Obviously I am on Veeam forum, and would like to use Veeam so hence this is question.

Solution including the following:
6 ESX hosts (12x CPU sockets) 2 SANs, one at remote location with 2x ESX hosts for replication and Backup purposes over 100Mb link.

Any help will be appretiated.

Evgeny
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Commvault Simpana and Veeam

Post by Gostev »

Evgeny, we have never run into Commvault Simpana in a competitive situation, so we do not have any intel or details on their solution. From "physical" vendors we only see Symantec sometimes, they have pretty decent solution - albeit much slower and 10 times more expensive then ours.

Besides Commvault, there are tons of other "physical" backup vendors who barely stepped into VMware backup space and claim to be good solution for VMware backup, however most of them I know do not have even 20% of features Veeam Backup has being specialized solution, built from ground-up to support VMware.

Overall, listening to vendor claims (either ours, or CommVault) may not be a good idea anyway :wink: so I suggest that you install both products in the lab and see for yourself which one is better for you.

If you have any questions about Veeam Backup, we will be glad to answer!
Evgeny
Influencer
Liked: never

Re: Commvault Simpana and Veeam

Post by Evgeny »

Thanks Anton