Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pirx
Veteran
Liked: 75 times

Console: improved filter/search abilities

Post by pirx »

Has there been any development to add filter for backup states to console? I'm still puzzled that this seems to be missing in v12 (didn't find it in release notes, didn't update yet). My main use case is that I need to filter for different states in console history (like the 24h view). Like search for a certain job name and then only state failed (or failed + warning). This could be done by adding checkboxes for the different states. Currently I can search for a job but then I can only use sort by state and lose sorting by date. This would be really helpful and is something very basic that I think everybody that is working in operations is missing, I've seen this request a few times in forum.

Other useful addition would be in Backups -> Disks etc to be able to search for job names (or part of if) in addition to VM names. Depending on the number of jobs and the structure of jobnames that could be very helpful too.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Console: improved filter/search abilities

Post by Mildur »

Hi Pirx

V12 doesn't include such filter options.
I remember we already have a few requests for more filter options.
We will note it as an improvement request. I understand the need for some basic filters in the history table.

As a workaround, I suggest using Microsoft Excel (or similar application) for the filtering.
You can choose the entire History table with CTRL+A. Then copy the content with CTRL+C.

Open a new Excel and insert the content with CTRL+V. That will allow you to use Excel filtering outside of Veeam.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software