Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dimaslan
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Dimitris Aslanidis

Copy Job issue - not reported as an error

Post by dimaslan »

We had an issue with WAN accelerator on one of our customer BDRs being stuck or something and the copy jobs going through that accelerator had not been working for 10 days. Veeam was only displaying a warning and the copy job icon was showing like it was idle and waiting for the next interval.
Clicking on the copy job, I could see "Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availability" for 244 hours and right under that just a warning that said "Waiting for the next task failed". For management reasons, we have setup to receive only failure notifications, so this would have gone unnoticed had I not clicked on it to check the copy job. This is a serious issue and I think it should be a failure for a designated important task to fail for so long and not provide a failure notification.
Is there a way of changing this? Even if we configure to receive warnings as well, there would be hundreds of notifications and it could be lost in there.

Thank you.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Copy Job issue - not reported as an error

Post by foggy »

Hi Dimitris, was it an initial job cycle or it already had existing restore points on target? What is the copy interval for this job?