Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tntteam
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: tntteam

[Backup Maintenance] Defragment and compact not run

Post by tntteam »

Hi,

I'm running 10 different backup jobs, 4 are pure VMs, 2 are VMs with application aware (Active directory and sharepoint) and last 4 are for our 4 exchange servers.

They are all configured for forward forever inc, no synthetic or periodic full, with 45 restore points.

I have enable Defragment and compact full backup file, on a monthly schedule, with different days for each jobs.

This is an updated veeam version (9->9.5) since end of jully. Backup specs of Exchange, AD and sharepoint are upgraded from v9.0, backup specs for VMs are new created in 9.5 interface.

The compact and defrag task seems to not be run correctly, and I'm looking for some help about this.

For the AD/sharepoint/Exchange jobs, it has never run once (no compact and defrag in job logs).
For our 4 VMs specs, it has run once in august, at the scheduled time, but it hasnt run in september.

I think I have 2 problems here : the specs upgraded from 9.0 seems to not activate compact at all, even if the checkbox is checked ; and compact worked only once for the new specs.

Any hints before calling support?

Thanks !
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: [Backup Maintenance] Defragment and compact not run

Post by foggy »

I'd recommend contacting support directly with this.