Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ykwong
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Wong Ying KIn

Delete Veeam VBR DB table records

Post by ykwong »

Hi All,

I have deleted 6Gb records FROM [VeeamBackup].[dbo].[Backup.Model.OIBsSensitiveInfo] due to the SQL express limitations and cause the whole backup job failed.

Does this affect any issues when we do restoration or any others side effects?

Thank you.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Delete Veeam VBR DB table records

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

Yes, you can expect negative side effects (we don't provide details on which part of the database is exactly doing what).

My recommendation would be to roll back the deletion and open a support ticket to see how one could shrink the database (usually deleting session information is the first step).

Best regards,
Hannes
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Delete Veeam VBR DB table records

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

For future readers, I would like to emphasize that manual updates of database records are unsupported.

Only our support engineers can do it for troubleshooting purposes. It's impossible to predict what issues may happen after this. Moreover, fixing problems that occurred after manual updates of database records is sometimes really close to impossible for the support team.

I think you must restore a database to a state before these records were deleted, it's better to use the configuration restore option. Anyway, now it would be best to open a ticket as Hannes said.

Thanks!