Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
PK_GAA
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter K.

Different backup/replication errors I cannot really explain

Post by PK_GAA »

Hello,

for there are numerous errors over the last weeks, we were not able to find a solution for (mostly because the errors are not reproducable and not very self-explaining). Maybe someone can help us with a few of the errors.

1. 27.07.2012 20:40:45 :: Error: Client error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

2. 06.08.2012 21:06:45 :: Removing snapshot (Warning!)

3. 06.08.2012 21:07:36 :: Error: Client error: "Veeam.Backup.AgentProvider.AgentClosedException" exeption was thrown.

4. 05.08.2012 23:46:38 :: Cannot use CBT: Soap fault. Von Datei /vmfs/volumes/4ec4f9f0-c83528c0-a98b-d4bed9a9c37f/GAADMS-Storage01/GAADMS-Storage01.vmdk verursachter Fehler.Detail: '', endpoint: '' (Warning!)

I hope someone can help us by these errors and warnings. They cause multiple failed backups/replications which is not acceptable!

Some information about our system:
* 3 esxi hosts. 2 of them in HA-mode, the third is the backup host directly connected the the iscsi-backup-storage.
* on the production-system we run 10 VMs (including 1 storage-server, 1 sql-server, 1 vcenter client (which is also the veeam b&r server), 1 domain controller)
* Productive and backup hardware is staged in two buildings, connected via straight direct link wireless LAN
* backup proxys are: the VBR server itself, the backup vcenter client, 1 VM at backup-side, 1 VM at prodictive-side, 1 physical machine. (would it be better to have more physical machines as proxys?)

I will open a support case as a next step.

Greetings
PK_GAA
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Different backup/replication errors I cannot really expl

Post by foggy »

Hello!
PK_GAA wrote:I will open a support case as a next step.
With all technical issues, opening a case should be the first step, as it is explained when you click New Topic. Make sure to update the thread with the support case ID, otherwise, your post will be deleted according to the forum rules.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Most of these errors have dedicated discussion on this forum (please use forum search), so you can research the existing topics. Alternatively, our support will explain/address these for you. Thanks!
PK_GAA
Influencer

Post by PK_GAA »

Opening a support case is taking very long, because of the logs you need to create, download from the server and upload to veeam. I'm doing this at the moment, but I thought posting my questions in here seems useful, for getting an answer before this procedure is even finished, because some other users may already have solved these problems.

When the process of creating, downloading and uploading is finished I will ofcourse update the thread with the SupportCaseID.
PK_GAA
Influencer

Post by PK_GAA »

I used the search and didn't find a solution for our problems.

removing snapshot warning
http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 04&p=53423
not solved

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 58&p=42882
not solved

veeam backup agentprovider agentclosedexception
http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 54&p=53232
not solved

Cannot use CBT: Soap fault.
http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 36&p=57077
not working and somehow also not solved

I am now waiting for the veeam application to finish the Export Logs action and hope to get the answers to our questions from the support. Maybe the logs can explain why the errors occured and keep occuring.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

What I am saying is that you need to continue posting in the existing topics, rather than creating the new one. This is explained in the forum rules when you click New Topic. I am locking this topic down because in any case, discussing multiple different issues in the single topic will create horrible mess. Feel free to continue posting about specific issues in the existing topics you have referenced above. This way, we will have everything related to these issues consolidated in the same respective topics. Thanks!