Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pufferdude
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Jim

Do I need to create new jobs?

Post by pufferdude »

Just upgraded to 4.0 without a hitch, but I'm unsure if I need to create new jobs (and thus get a fresh full backup) in order to take advantage of the new CBT and thin provisioned disk features? (using ESX4 here) I modified each existing job to use vStorage SAN mode, but no scheduled backups have kicked off yet so I don't know if there is any performance bump.... but while I was waiting I started pondering whether I could just "pick up" with the existing jobs like this, or if I'm supposed to create new ones to leverage the new stuff.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Do I need to create new jobs?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Jim,

Actually there is no need in creating new jobs, after you've upgraded to version 4, your backup storage will also be upgraded at the first run, for more information about that please have a look at this thread: READ IF UPGRADING FROM v3. As for leveraging all the new staff, you should definitely notice the difference with existing jobs as well, as Veeam Backup and Replication 4 now offers not just compatibility, but full and native support for VMware vSphere, including all new vSphere and vStorage functionality.
Hope you will be pleased to see the results.

Thank you.