Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 180 times
Full Name: Michael

does the next v12 update contain CDP fixes?

Post by mcz »

Dear PM's,

I've been running the latest v11 for months and never had issues with CDP (on the latest build) because obviously every critical bug has been fixed before - that has changed with v12 when I'm having certain issues every 10 days or so. I'd then have to delete the whole CDP replica to bring it back to life, otherwise sync won't happen anymore (some kind of retention issue or whatever).

Now I know that this is the wrong place to post about the issue and I haven't created too many tickets so far, but I only would like to know if the next update does contain any cdp related fixes. If so, I'd wait for that until I'd open a ticket and by doing this it saves me and the support valuable time.

BTW, when will the next update be release approx - within the next 2 months or does it take longer?

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: does the next v12 update contain CDP fixes?

Post by Mildur »

Hello Michael

We will release our next cumulative patch soon (not months). Which CDP fixes will be included depends on successful testing of the fixes.
You can check the release notes for fixed major issues around CDP:
https://www.veeam.com/kb4420

If you need to know about specific fixes (we don't list every fix in the kb article), I suggest to open a support case and ask if there is a fix available for a specific issue.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: does the next v12 update contain CDP fixes?

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hello Michael

The patch is released now.
One CDP fix is mentioned in the kb notes: https://www.veeam.com/kb4420
CDP

CDP policies ignore the backup window setting.
After installing this patch, this capability can be restored by clicking through the CDP policy wizard for each CDP policy to save your selected backup window settings into the configuration.
If you face any other issue with CDP, please open a support case and check with our customer support team if the newest patch does solve it or if there are any private hotfixes available.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software