damocue
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: David Molina

Doubts about backup jobs configuration

Post by damocue »

Hello,

I have some doubts about the jobs configuration at Veeam Backup:
- is there any possibility to save the configuration of backup jobs?
- I would like to save each VM backup separately from others VMs, but only have one backup job for all them. Now I have a job for each VM (this is why I would like to save the configuration of all them for a quick recovery of backup server). Is there any configuration option for this possibility at the job properties?

Thanks in advance!
David Molina
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

Re: Doubts about backup jobs configuration

Post by joergr »

Hi,

i suggest to NOT create a single backup job for every single vm. Thus, you won´t at all participate on the dedup features of veeam b+r.

best regards,
Joerg
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Doubts about backup jobs configuration

Post by Vitaliy S. »

damocue wrote:- is there any possibility to save the configuration of backup jobs?
Job configuration is stored in SQL database, thus meaning that if you want to save/move jobs' configuration you need to work with the SQL database itself.
damocue wrote:- I would like to save each VM backup separately from others VMs, but only have one backup job for all them. Now I have a job for each VM (this is why I would like to save the configuration of all them for a quick recovery of backup server). Is there any configuration option for this possibility at the job properties?
No, there is no such configuration. I would also agree with Joerg, grouping similar VMs into one job saves more storage space and makes dedup more effective.