Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Seve CH
Enthusiast
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: JM Severino

Enterprise manager and multiple guest credentials in a job

Post by Seve CH »

Hi
It seems that since we updated to v12, Enterprise Manager fails to use the correct credentials.

We want to use credentials only where they belong and prevent using them on any other VM. We want, for instance, to avoid Veeam using privileged credentials on untrusted VMs.
To do so, we use in the backup job as default guest interaction credentials something incorrect (username: "dummy").
Then, using the credentials button on the backup job, based on vSphere tags, we assign the guest interaction credentials for the VMs needing them.

What we have is:
Guest interaction during backup works fine. Guest was prepared, indexed, etc.
If I do a file restore of a Windows VM using Veeam Explorer, it works. The correct credentials for the VM are bein used.
If I do a file restore via Enterprise Manager, it fails and on the VM I see a failed login: User dummy tried to log in (unknown user/bad password).

I am not sure if it is a bug or something went wrong during the migration. Has it happened to somebody else?

I've opened a support case: 06118214

Best regards
Seve
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Enterprise manager and multiple guest credentials in a job

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
that sounds like a bug, thanks for opening the case. Support should continue working with the logs and confirm.

Best regards,
Hannes
Seve CH
Enthusiast
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: JM Severino

Re: Enterprise manager and multiple guest credentials in a job

Post by Seve CH »

Some follow-up to the case:

It was indeed a bug. We got a private fix from support and the problem seems to be corrected :-)

Best regards