Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Darkzadow
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Brandon Halloran

Enterprise Plug-in VBR dependency

Post by Darkzadow »

Hello,

I have a question about enterprise plugins reliance on the VBR server. On the enterprise plugin page (https://bp.veeam.com/vbr/2_Design_Struc ... e_Plugins/) it states that plugins are good for "A backup downtime of some hours might cause production systems to fail because transaction log locations can run out of space" which is a scenario I had run into when updating VBR server from 12 to 12.1.

Further down the page it shows a diagram on the plugin connecting to the repository under avoid tcp timeouts. Step 1 is that the Plugin queries the VBR server for repository IPs. The text above also states "This process is repeated for every single file within a backup session." Which seems like a direct rebuff of the use case of when VBR is unavailable.

So my question is. What do the plugins do when VBR server and or the Repository is unavailable.

Thank you
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Enterprise Plug-in VBR dependency

Post by Gostev »

Hello - actually, I know there were some changes/optimizations for performance considerations in 12.1, where now a single backup file is opened and reused to store all data incoming from the plug-in for 24 hours by default. So I wonder if the statement above is even relevant these days. Let's wait for the corresponding PMs to comment.