Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ferrus
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 43 times

Error adding new proxy server

Post by ferrus »

I'm getting the following error, adding a new linux server to the B&R console (prior to adding as a VMware proxy):
Testing Veeam Data Mover service connection Error: The message received was unexpected or badly formatted
It has no problem installing, detecting or restarting the Data Mover service - just the testing.

I suspect it's an issue with our environment rather than anything with Veeam - as a second Veeam installation over a WAN connection, is able to add it and test it fine.
I'm only getting the error, from the local Veeam B&R server - on the same subnet.

Can anyone point me to a relevant log file, where adding a Linux server/testing the Veeam Data Mover connection would be stored?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 527 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Error adding new proxy server

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Please provide a support case ID for the issue when you click New Topic. The posts about technical issues without support case ID will be eventually deleted by forum moderator.

Probably, this error could be related to TLS handshake failure and it would make sense to collect and to examine network traffic dump, for example with Wireshark. Anyway, I would leave the opportunity to troubleshoot the issue to our support team, I'm sure that our support engineers will be able to find the necessary logs.

Thanks!
ferrus
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 43 times

Post by ferrus »

I haven't raised a support case yet as I presumed it was more environment related - so I'd try and troubleshoot it myself.
I'll raise a call and ask if there's any more information from the logs.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 527 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Yes, it looks like environment related and you may troubleshoot it. On the other hand, you may also ask our support team to assist you to isolate the issue because the sooner they start to work on it, the sooner they come up with the result.

Thanks!
Heyko
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Heyko Janssen

Post by Heyko »

Hello Ferrus,

We have a similar problem. What was the solution for you?

Thanks!
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

According to the case details, problem was with SSL connection between Veeam server and said Linux machine - "Failed to accept SSL connection" was clearly stated in log files.
Case was solved by comparing used cyphers on both machines(Windows had some disabled).

/Cheers!