Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jimmymc
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times

Exchange Explorer Beta - UI Enhancements

Post by jimmymc »

Hi

I had the need to use Exchange Explorer to export 100+ mailboxes from a Mailbox Store this week (actually, a few mailbox stores - you can add more than one in the UI). The process was fairly painless as the mailboxes were pretty small (a lot of right-clicking), but I can see a few pinch-points that might be improved in the UI, should there be more, or larger mailboxes:

- Ability to select multiple mailboxes at once, and export them to individual PSTs

- Ability to select an entire Mailbox Store, and export the individual mailboxes to their respective individual PSTs (as well as the option to export the whole Mailbox Store into one PST - which is also useful - so don't remove that option)

- Ability to set default location for export of an individual mailbox (default is to the desktop - as seen if you right-click on a mailbox)

And.. that's it. If that's all I can find after using this in anger.. not bad I'd say.

Cheers, James
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Exchange Explorer Beta - UI Enhancements

Post by Gostev »

Thanks James - fantastic feedback, probably the best yet. Sounds good - I will run this by the devs to see if have some resources available to implement this. Thanks again.