I saw something very strange today.
I had to restore mailbox items for a mailbox named 'Admin' which was firstname.lastname@example.org
I went into ECP and found that this mailbox was on database 'DB15'.
I fired up Exchange Explorer, went to the 'DB15' database and sure enough can see 'Admin' in the list.
I restored the mailbox. Then... discovered it was the wrong mailbox data. What the what the!
I went to Exchange Powershell and did a 'Get-MailboxDatabase 'DB15' | Get-Mailbox' and there were TWO mailboxes named 'Admin' in this database.
One was email@example.com
and the other was firstname.lastname@example.org
.... both with unique Aliases, SAM Account Names, Email Addresses, etc etc
I went back to Exchange Explorer and confirmed I could only see one of them in 'DB15' here.
I started to search all databases, checking every account with the display name 'Admin' until I found the correct one in the database 'DB42'.
I restored the 'admin' mailbox (which lives on DB15) from the 'DB42' list in Exchange Explorer..... hmmmmmm
What was strange was how veeams Exchange Explorer handled the situation. For whatever reason it couldn't show two mailboxes with the same name in a single DB, so it just moved one elsewhere in the GUI.
Most customers have a mailbox named 'Admin' which made this a bit of a ball-ache.
What would be really SUPER AWESOME is if the Exchange Explorer could show something else other than the Display Name.... use something that will actually be unique!!!