Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
adam900331
Veteran
Liked: 22 times

Exclude some VM from AAIP

Post by adam900331 »

Hy!

I am configuring a VM backup job and I added a VM folder from VMware environment. The VM folder contain Windows/Linux VMs and also include some VM application which I have to create consistent backup.

I enable the AAIP checkbox on Guest Processing tab and when I click on the Application button I cannot remove the added VM folder from the list (remove button is greyed out).

I would like to enable for AAIP only the needed VM: MSVM with MSSQL, LinuxVM with mysql database.

My plan is the following: Disable the AAIP on the whole VM folder, and add manually the affected two VM. After it clcik on the Credentials... button on the Guest Processing tab and define the unique credential for the VMs.

In this case what kind of crendetial can I select from the drop-down menu on the Guest Processing tab? I know this credential will be use the all VM.

What do you think, is this a good solution to use the consistent backup for specific VM (not for all VM in the folder)?

Thanks.
MarkBoothmaa
Veeam Legend
Liked: 49 times
Full Name: Mark Boothman

Re: Exclude some VM from AAIP

Post by MarkBoothmaa »

You can add each VM you want to exclude and in the AAIP set Disable application processing.
Another way would be to put that VM in its own job and exclude the VM from the folder backup.
For the credentials you will need a linux user with the appropriate permissions added to be able to select it from the list.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=50