Failed to create Cryptographic Service Provider

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Failed to create Cryptographic Service Provider

Veeam Logoby mabordo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 am

Hey @all,
i am configure our Backup Enviroment with a Job to backup a few VMs. In the Options of the Job i set "enable backup file encryption" and adding a new Password to this one.
But now, when i start the Job it Fails with the Error: "The keyset is not defined. Failed to create Cryptographic Service Provider"

Could anyone help to solve this Problem?

Thanks
mabordo
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Marcelo Bordon

Re: Failed to create Cryptographic Service Provider

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Looks like specific Windows XP problem, I'm not sure however why you got it in your case. May be a cryptocontainer got corrupted or something similar.

The best idea would be to open a ticket with our support team and let them confirm your environment.

Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 968 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby ian0x0r » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:03 am

Thought id post a reply to this as I couldn't find much out about it. In my case when you get the cryptographic error with error code 0x80090019 it turned out to be the service account assigned to the Veeam services. Try changing the account used by the Veeam services and see if it resolves the issue.

Ian
https://www.snurf.co.uk
ian0x0r
Veeam Vanguard

Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Ian Sanderson

Veeam Logoby Sergey_M » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 am

Hello colleagues,
We've found out that issue is likely to be related to Windows Profile. Hence, you may completely delete profile from Veeam Server and it will be created automatically after next log-in under service account (domain administrator, for instance).
Sergey_M
Lurker

Liked: never

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication