Failed to start PerlSoap protocol on new Ubuntu 16.04 repo.

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Failed to start PerlSoap protocol on new Ubuntu 16.04 repo.

Veeam Logoby drakecooper » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Greetings,

I have a ticket open on this, but while I wait for the back and forth, I thought I'd see if anyone on the forums has run into this.

I'm installing a new linux repo server. Fresh install of 16.04.2. Followed the new KB article here: https://www.veeam.com/kb2216. Uninstalled the default 64 bit perl with apt-get. Built 32 perl from source using perlbrew. Made sure all the modules and other prereqs were installed from the KB article.

I can add the new server to Managed Servers without issue. When I try to add a repo on it, when I get to the "Server" screen, I choose that server and click "Populate". After a few minutes of spinning, it throws a pop-up error "Failed to start the PerlSoap Protocol". I've tried multiple Ubuntu versions, multiple perl versions, nothing seems to work. I have several other Ubuntu repo servers that I built in the last 2 years with no problems. Had one of the secondary ones fail, and that's why I'm building the new one. Just can't seem to get this done, and I don't remember having any problems like this in the past.

I found this forum post: post232246.html?hilit=perlsoap#p232246

Which is the exact same problems, except on FreeBSD, but the solution of adding the perl-Data-Dumper mod does not work for me (it's already installed). Has anybody run into this recently?

Thanks,
Joe Boren
drakecooper
Novice

Liked: never

Re: Failed to start PerlSoap protocol on new Ubuntu 16.04 re

Veeam Logoby drakecooper » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm

Just in case anyone else runs into this, the issue I was having was related to the user account not being able to sudo without the password. I had added the line:

veeamuser ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

to the sudoers file, but it was being overridden by a line later in the file. When I moved that line to the end of the sudoers file, everything works as expected.

Cheers!
Joe
drakecooper
Novice

Liked: never

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication