Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lylbeh
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Lyle Behmlander

Feature Request - Allow cloning jobs that lose destination configuration

Post by lylbeh »

Feature request is to allow ability to modify existing jobs even if the Target destination is no longer in the Veeam inventory or at least allow cloning of the job rather than providing the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Veeam support case 07101454, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
We had an issue where a destination VMware cluster and hosts were upgraded and renamed, but before changing the Replication jobs the old location was removed from the VMware environment. This resulted in all the existing jobs pointing to the old Target generating the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when attempting to edit or clone the existing job. Essentially these jobs were completely inaccessible, and I couldn't even reference the data to recreate the same settings for each of the jobs. This resulted in having to recreate all jobs from scratch, which isn't too much work until you think about Scheduling, optimization, target data store locations, network remapping, etc... for over 25 jobs.

Thanks
Lyle
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Feature Request - Allow cloning jobs that lose destination configuration

Post by Mildur »

Hi Lyle

Thanks for the request.
May I ask, have you tried to get the old job configuration through PowerShell? And then create the new jobs with PowerShell as well with the new target hosts? Just trying to understand (without testing it in my lab) if that would have worked.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software