Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Coldfirex
Enthusiast
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Alan Shearer

Feature Request - Allow Previous button on Summary

Post by Coldfirex »

Howdy, Small issue. We noticed that when you are editing or creating a backup job and are on the Summary page that you are unable to use the Previous button, or click the previous sections with a mouse. This would be helpful.
8.0 update 2 on windows server 2012 r2.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature Request - Allow Previous button on Summary

Post by Shestakov »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Alan!
The answer was provided by our VP:
Gostev wrote:...this was the architectural decision made at some point long ago in response to huge amount of bugs that suggested behavior caused. I suppose we can revisit this one day, when our UI team has nothing more valuable to work on.
Thank you for the feedback!
Sandman35
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Aaron Sampson

Post by Sandman35 »

I am amazed at the response from a "VP" of the company to a customer trying to give feedback on ways to make the software a little more user friendly. Maybe in the future Veeam should consider NOT allowing this VP to respond to people on the forum or hiring a PR/Marketing person to clean up his/her responses before this VP puts his foot in his mouth again.

" I suppose we can revisit this one day, when our UI team has nothing more valuable to work on." REALLY?? That is how you are going to respond to someone why didn't you just come out and tell this person to sit down and shut up cause his post wasted your time cause that is how that comes across.

IS this not part of what the UI team should be looking at is how they can make the USER INTERFACE of your product better for i don't know the USER??? If one of their sales people talked to us like this they would not be allowed back into our building and I sure would not purchase their product.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Aaron, let me explain the situation.

Actually, the provided quotation is a part of another conversation which happened in related topic. Please, do not take it personally.

We do understand there is a demand for the feature, and we definitely take your feedback into account, but as mentioned above, there were a number of bugs related with the issue and changing the wizard`s logic may slow down the interface. Currently the requirement is not the most prioritized, but again, your opinion is to be counted.

Thanks for the feedback!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

Sandman35 wrote:why didn't you just come out and tell this person to sit down and shut up cause his post wasted your time cause that is how that comes across
Because this is NOT an alternative way to say what I said.

We have hundreds of features pending, ALL based on our users feedback, and they are prioritized based on the value to the product. Correspondingly, this specific feature will be implemented only after our UI team is done with all more valuable features from that prioritized list. Which is exactly what I have said in the quoted statement.

Our UI team is always very tied up with building UI for new functionality, and they usually have very little time left to clean up back log of existing feature and improvement requests. Besides, as explained earlier, this particular feature is not a simple development anyway. But eventually, the time will come for this feature as well, once all higher priority ones are addressed.

I understand that perhaps you are reading my statement differently, but I can assure you that it was never meant to have that hidden context you tend to see in it. I am not a native speaker either, so I don't even possess these "level 400" skills required to inject hidden rude meanings into simple and straightforward statements such as the above one, as crafting those requires deep cultural understanding of how certain expression sounds, or what it may imply beyond its direct word-to-word translation.
Sandman35
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Aaron Sampson

Post by Sandman35 »

Thanks for the reply explaining more of the context of the statement but i am sure that if you read the statement even out of context the fact that it is stated that maybe they will revisit it if they have nothing better to do still seems like a crappy thing to say to a customer. Even the original poster felt like he had made the VP mad by his response. I don't think that I would continue to spread that post around when this topic comes up again in the future as it really comes across to posters/customers poorly.

Also after reading the original post I would stand behind my response that this was not the right way for a VP to handle a feature request.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

I admit to being one big exception overall. Do you know many other large tech company VPs with 17'400 posts on a technical user facing forum? ;)