Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BodoS
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bodo Schenk

Feature Request - Availability Console - RPO per indiviual VM

Post by BodoS »

The alarm for VMs that have not been backed up for a long time is one of the main benefits of the VAC, especially for service providers who must assure certain SLAs/RPOs for their customers.

But the way in which this is currently handeled makes no sense.

First, there is no way to see/filter/sort/search a list with all known VMs. The only way to see a list of VMs is to generate a static PDF report. I suggest to implement a list of known VMs, that appears when clicking on the overview dashboard on the top level icon "Protected VMs" (everybody would excpect that instead of the job list that comes now).

Second, in this VM list you must be able to delete old VMs that do not exist any more. If those old VMs remain in VAC, they will always trigger the RPO alarm (because they are never again backed up). I guess that all users of the VAC have completely disabled the RPO alarm because of this.

Third, it must be possible to define a RPO period for each VM individual. We have VMs that are backed up daily, some weekly, some only once per month. The RPO alarm allows only one global setting. Another reason, why this alarm is always triggered. Eather, you can enter the RPO per VM directly in VAC, or VAC gets this Information from the backup job schedule in any way.

Without these changes, the RPO alarm has no use at all and will be disabled by default, which i would regret.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Feature Request - Availability Console - RPO per indiviual VM

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Bodo and welcome to the community!

Thank you for the valuable feedback!
Can you request to join the Veeam Cloud & Service Providers group so I can move the topic in the relevant section of the forum? We will continue the discussion there.
Please navigate to the User Control Panel -> Usergroups -> select the group on the bottom and click Join selected.