- Posts: 69
- Liked: never
- Joined: Mar 16, 2009 4:01 pm
- Full Name: David Mackey
While we have moved a large number of our servers to be virtualized, we still have a few physical servers. Right now I am using a combination of Symantec BE, Microsoft DPM, Veeam Backup, and Red-Gate SQL Backup to fully protect our network...it'd be nice to remove BE/DPM out of the equation. For this to happen I'd need:
1. The ability to backup physical machines (perhaps some integration with VMWare Converter?).
2. Integration with a tape library.
Just a thought. =)
- Product Manager
- Posts: 25114
- Liked: 2153 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Thank you for your feedback, actually, you're not the first one who requested such features, please have a look at the answers below:
1. Support for physical servers - http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... cal#p12413
2. We are addressing tape integration issues with "tape-friendly synthetic" backup mode (this is how we call it internally), this option will be a part of our next release.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 39 guests