Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
paul.hugill
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Paul Hugill

Feature Request - Disable Enterprise Manager Index Retention

Post by paul.hugill »

Hi Veeam,
I would like to request a new feature, well change to an existing feature.

In Enterprise Manager you have the option to Retain Guest File Indexes for a certain period (beyond the job retention) and the minimum you can have is 1 month, please can you reduce the minimum to 0 as I don't want to keep extra.

In my environment we don't archive any backups so the only backups we have are the ones still on disk and visible to the Backup Servers so I don't want any indexes for restore points that are no longer there.
We use EM for our ROBO sites and I feel this may be confusing for their support teams (and annoying for me) as EM shows that there are files they could restore, only for it to fail when they try.

As a work around I now have a script that clears out the old index folders (unfortunately hard coded for VM names and retention periods so not a perfect solution) but it would be great not to need this.

Incidentally the script also discovered a large amount of stale indexes from deleted VM's or jobs that had been recreated at various points, that EM hadn't cleaned up itself even though they were well over 1 month.
I have actually gained back ~300GB of space, so my VBRCatalog now sits at around 160GB, nearly a 66% reduction from the bloated size.

Thanks
Paul