Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Tecbil
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Feature request / general improvement of Backup Copy Jobs

Post by Tecbil »

This is a cross post, originally set up on reddit as I was unsure whether which place is the right one.
Here is the original post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Veeam/comments ... d_general/

I've set up the Registry Hack like this

Code: Select all

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication
Key: BackupCopyLookForward
Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 1
as described here:
https://www.veeambp.com/job_configurati ... p_copy_job

This makes my backup copy jobs "listening" and start as soon as main backup jobs are done. So far, so good.

Now what I want to do is to disable the scheduler on the following screenshot completely because in some cases it can be very annoying when it gets in the way of a running backup copy job because the backup copy job will interrupt itself in such case.

Yeah I know I could increase the searching cycle but it's not really an acceptable solution as it could cross running backup copy jobs anyway.

Furthermore I think the backup copy job design could be improved by making it more reliable according to interrupted backup copy jobs. I wish so hard I could restart interrupted backup copy jobs without executing the main backup job again first because of not detecting that the last backup copy job did not complete.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Feature request / general improvement of Backup Copy Jobs

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 2 people like this post

Hi Fabio,
looks like this request will be addressed by VBRv10, with newly added Backup Copy mode: Immediate copy (mirroring). It "listens" for new backups and does not use sync intervals no more.
/Cheers!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Tecbil,
disable the scheduler on the following screenshot completely because in some cases it can be very annoying when it gets in the way of a running backup copy job because the backup copy job will interrupt itself in such case.
I believe this could be achieved by enabling/disabling backup copy job (say, you can script it via PowerShell and schedule such script to run at desired time).
Tecbil
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by Tecbil »

Egor Yakovlev wrote: Jan 22, 2020 2:23 pm Hi Fabio,
looks like this request will be addressed by VBRv10, with newly added Backup Copy mode: Immediate copy (mirroring). It "listens" for new backups and does not use sync intervals no more.
/Cheers!
Gr8 to read that. Let's see what's coming.