Feature Request: Info panes should not block main VBR GUI

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Feature Request: Info panes should not block main VBR GUI

Veeam Logoby mikeely » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:24 pm

For instance, sometimes I want to monitor the status of a running backup job while I go on to change something elsewhere in the UI. As it stands, every pop-open window (even the "about" dialogue) is 100% blocking against doing any work in the main window.

I'm sure there are some edge cases where making a change in a secondary window and the main would break things. That's fine - block those. But items like the Job Statistics window that are effectively read-only should be able to background without any trouble.
Unless otherwise specified, I am asking about something pertaining to Linux. We use Windows as infrequently as possible, and enthusiastically seek ways to reduce that usage further.
mikeely
Enthusiast

Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Re: Feature Request: Info panes should not block main VBR GU

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello Mike, that`s a bit strange request as pop-up windows go in the center of the screen. You can also move the pop-up window releasing the main window info. By the way, you will get instant notification once job is failed or something else goes wrong.
Thanks!
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Liked: 430 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication