Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jyarborough
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: John Yarborough

Feature request: priority queue or pausing

Post by jyarborough »

I have been waiting for this for a while and somehow it still hasn't been implemented that I am aware so I'll make an official request. I would really like to see a way to prioritize jobs or pause other jobs without having to cancel and disable so that a specific job can complete in a more timely manner. We have numerous jobs fire off throughout the night and sometimes when we need to perform maintenance on a specific VM at a specific time, I have always had to go in disable all the jobs around that VM's slot to make sure there isn't contention for resources so it can complete at the required time. It would be really nice to have a way to prioritize that job so that if there is resource contention, I could push that job to the front of the line without having to cancel or disable any other jobs. Or, if that isn't possible, a way to pause jobs to allow the specific job to complete. It's hard to schedule tight maintenance windows around the backup schedules because if some of the jobs that started before run over, it can delay the specific job I need by hours potentially.
DaveWatkins
Veteran
Liked: 97 times

Re: Feature request: priority queue or pausing

Post by DaveWatkins »

I was just about to look to see if this was already requested and ask the same thing, pausing especially would be enormously useful but being able to move jobs up and down a priority queue is something I hadn't thought of and would also be useful