Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BoricuaTec
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Luis Rodriguez

FEATURE REQUEST: Provide more information in GUI

Post by BoricuaTec »

Hello all!

So short story is that I have a customer with B&R and CC. Backup jobs run like a dream. Backup Copy Jobs to Cloud Connect bottle neck.....

I have a job trying to push at 2Mb/s and another job waiting to merge but stuck behind the job transferring data. We understand that the job will not finish until the data is transferred but I have no way of telling how much or long that will take.

We have a local job with multiple VMS and single back up copy jobs out to Cloud Connect. There is no way to see from the backup job how much data is needing to go over the wire......... To at least make a guess as to when the other jobs will begin processing.

Request to Veeam....

1. MORE DETAILS IN THE GUI.......... I should not have to guess on details that veeam already knows. The Jobs window that lists all the jobs should tell me how long or much is still needing to be transferred etc.

2. It was explained to me that backup jobs take precedents over merges. In fact I was told that merges will be stopped if a backup job is waiting so that the backup job can begin. I from a MSP this really hurts because I dont understand why the two can not work at the same time.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Provide more information in GUI

Post by Shestakov »

Hello!

1) VBR shows the current progress and which steps are already over and what VBR are working on at the moment. There is also real-time info about processed/read/transferred data.
BoricuaTec wrote:I should not have to guess on details that veeam already knows.
The software doesn`t know when exactly the job will be finished, it depends on lots of factors.
What kind of info would you like to review during the backup process?

2) To be honest I haven`t got the request. Could you explain your use case?

Thanks!