Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Moebius
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Lucio Mazzi

Feature request: regular expressions for searches in UI

Post by Moebius »

I wish it was possible to use regular expressions when using the search boxes in UI.

Very often, when returning to a customer that I visit periodically, I work with the History pane to see how the various jobs went in the last days.

Typing one or more characters in the Search field (where it says "Type in an object name to search for") filters for the objects containing that string, which is fine. However, I would like to be able to EXCLUDE from the search based on the string I type.

As an example: I have a job called, say, "HI-FREQ-BACKUP" that runs every hour. That fills the history window and I have to scroll down a lot to look for and find the results for the other jobs. I'd like to be able to type something like ".ne.HI-FREQ*" or "!=HI-FREQ*" to filter out all the entries that contain "HI-FREQ". This is just an example; also, expressions allowing to search for, or exclude from search, items whose names contain a certain string (instead of "begin with") would be handy.

Any chances to insert this request in the to-do list? Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature request: regular expressions for searches in UI

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Lucio,
The request is not that frequent, but it looks valid. We will take it into account for future releases.
For now I would sort the list of jobs by their name to get the undesired values from top to down of the list.
Thanks!