Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kkitzul_SE
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kyle

Feature Request - Run a job on subset of VMs

Post by kkitzul_SE »

I think having the ability to run a replication job for a specific subset of VMs rather than the whole job would be beneficial.
Occasionally we find that our replicated VMs have issues and have to be deleted and replicated again.

As it stands now, if I want to have a replica offsite without waiting to the next replication window, I would delete the existing replica. Create a new job to replicate the deleted VM. Enable replica seeding which means next time the job runs it has to take considerable time digesting the drives. After the main job finish I have to go and remove the temporary job as well as the replica from configuration.

If I could simply just run the existing job for only the affected VM. It would make simplify things for sure.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature Request - Run a job on subset of VMs

Post by foggy »

Something similar to the Quick Backup, though for replication, right?
kkitzul_SE wrote:As it stands now, if I want to have a replica offsite without waiting to the next replication window, I would delete the existing replica. Create a new job to replicate the deleted VM. Enable replica seeding which means next time the job runs it has to take considerable time digesting the drives. After the main job finish I have to go and remove the temporary job as well as the replica from configuration.
Probably a less painful workaround would be to temporarily exclude all but the required VMs from the main job and trigger an unscheduled run.
kkitzul_SE
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kyle

Post by kkitzul_SE »

foggy wrote:Something similar to the Quick Backup, though for replication, right?
That actually looks like exactly what I am looking for just for replication instead as you stated.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Got it, thanks for the feedback!
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 172 times
Full Name: Michael

[MERGED] feature requests - replication an logfile collectio

Post by mcz »

Hi everybody,

I've got two feature requests, here we go:
  • allow to replicate a single vm (replicated by job with multiple vm's) manually triggered via context menu just like when using "QuickBackup"
  • when I run "help -> support information" and run the tool to fetch all the logfiles from proxies, etc. I have to upload the content after that e.g. to the FTP-Server. it would be quite cool to implement an solution to upload the whole content automatically after collecting the files to the veeam servers (of course veeam would have to ask for the case number before) and inform the support engineer within the ticket system that new content has arrived.
what do others think about it?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Hi Michael, thanks for interesting suggestions. I've merged your post to existing thread with similar request for easier demand tracking.