Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mcrape
Veeam Software
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Matt Crape

Feature Request: Show details in MSSQL fine-tune restores

Post by mcrape »

I have a Microsoft SQL Server restore point that I would like to roll back to (via the Fine-tune restore point feature) and I know the approximate date and time of the transaction. However, when I use the restore wizard I can see all the transactions (which is great!), but I can't see the details of those transactions. It would be very useful and handy to have a preview of what data was added / modified / deleted for each operation. Currently I can see which table was used and the operation performed, but not specifics of what data was "touched". This would allow me to quickly find which transaction point I need to restore back to, instead of having to go through a trial and error process.

Bonus feature request: allow for resizing of the Restore Wizard window. Yes, there is a scrollbar that I can use to see the various columns, but being able to expand the window to see all columns at once would be helpful.
ian0x0r
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Ian Sanderson

Re: Feature Request: Show details in MSSQL fine-tune restore

Post by ian0x0r »

I agree with Matt, I think that feature would be very useful. I believe the other Veeam explorers have that kind of functionality already.

Ian
Check out my blog at www.snurf.co.uk :D