Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
brink668
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: brink668

Feature Request - show schedules/schedule overla in V8 or V9

Post by brink668 »

Please have it so that you can have additional columns on this section that show the Date and Time the job runs at.

It is a time waster for me to have to open up each task and check what days and time this job will run at. The "Next Run" date is helpful but does not tell me what the details are. I have to open up each task and wait for it to load in order for me not to overlap schedules.

1. Show the Days and Time Schedule Runs per each job.
2. If multiple schedules may overlap the same time I would like the system to notify me by displaying overlap jobs in the same color

Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature Request - show schedules/schedule overla in V8 o

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
You don`t know if the jobs will actually overlap if there are 3 hours between them. It requires more analytics and looks like a good request for Veeam ONE report which can analyze what type of run is scheduled(Full vs. Incremental) and tell you if overlap is expected based on how much time the previous run took.
What else would you like to see in such a report?
Thanks!
brink668
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: brink668

Post by brink668 »

Veeam One - that would be a great addition there.

Just to be clear: the other option or display setting is the ability to

1)s ee the schedule listed in the columns such as a Column Called "Scheduled Times"
JOB 1: 2AM on Friday,Saturday,Sunday
JOB 2: 2AM on Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Saturday
JOB 3: 6AM on Monday,Saturday,Sunday

2) Another request for Veeam One would be the ability for the system to Detect "Temporary Snapshots Taken by VEEAM" I had a veeam snapshot on a volume that was over a month old but veeam did not pick that one up.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

1) Since a job schedule can be heterogeneous: increments + synthetic full + active full or GFS retention in case of backup copy jobs, the column should fit too much info. What do you think about tooltip showing the schedule when pointing cursor on the "Next run" field in the existing UI?
2) There are Active Snapshots and Orphaned Snapshots Veeam ONE reports along with the corresponding alarm.