Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
treb0r
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Smith

Feature Request[s]

Post by treb0r »

1. We need to use GFS rotation policy but it's not built in to the daily job. I know you can do it with a COPY job, but this requires a bigger backup window which we don't have and more storage. This is a game-changer for us, and much as I like Veeam, if there are no plans to include this before our support expires in 12 months time we will be looking at alternatives that have this function built in. I have seen this mentioned in the forums before and requested it was passed to R&D personally under call reference 00822662 in May 2015.
2. The ability to organise jobs in the main window. We have a mix of jobs disabled and not scheduled amongst the daily jobs and it would speed up our daily checks if we could organise them in folders
3. Daily reports summary email, or even better a web front-end view of the summary results from a table in the DB
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature Request[s]

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
1) Your requests is taken into account. Indeed we`ve received a number of such requests and may implement it in future versions, not sure if it`s going to happen in next 12 months though.
2) Could you give more details on that request? Currently you can sort jobs based on their status(stopped/idle/running etc.), last result, next run etc.
3) Do you use Veeam ONE? You can schedule VM Backup Status report to run daily sending the results to particular emails.
Thanks!
slos
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Steven Los

Re: Feature Request[s]

Post by slos »

Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager can provide both a web front end for quick review and a daily summary email
VMCE, MCSE