Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bc07
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Enrico

Feature Requests bug fixes

Post by bc07 »

The following feature requests and/or bug fixes are maybe already on the roadmap for the next minor/major release.
- more granual job scheduling:
full backups at a different start time than incrementals because they take longer
full backup able to select specific dates not only day of the week and/or in which week
- when selecting VM's to backup in the backup job it would be nice to show VM's that are already in the same or other other job with a different color or in italic
- when changing which VM disks to backup in a job it does not properly update the total backup size, sometimes I just stays on the old value or sometimes only a few KB (yes I click on the recalculate button but didn't help)
- if somehow possible improve backup speed when doing full backup with compression (see this thread: http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6923 )

Improving replication speed and adding/changing replication methods is already on the roadmap for the next major release as far as I'v heard.

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Feature Requests bug fixes

Post by Gostev »

Thanks for your feedback, the above features definitely make sense and some have been requested before. This does not mean I agree that our engine needs improvements around doing full backup with compression. :)
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Post by larry »

I want a job thats backs up and replicats a vm at the same time over a WAN. The same CB appiled to both Now I nust run two jobs eating by WAN bandwidth
bc07
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Enrico

Post by bc07 »

Also I'd like to able to configure the compression/dedupe/storage settings for full backup different than for incremental backups. Because for full backups it is more important to get them done faster (with lower/none compression) even if costs you maybe 30% more disk space but the incrementals are already fast because you transfer only the changes so high compression would be better there to save disk space.