- Posts: 39
- Liked: never
- Joined: Sep 08, 2011 2:40 pm
- Full Name: Marco Tonoli
- Location: Genova
i have 2 remote site with vmware esx's and several vm's to backup. I wanna do wan backups from vm's with a veeam dedicated vm in remote site connected to a iscsi/nfs (better)/cifs nas like iomega ix4-200 or similar.
If a need a very large recover i can get the storage and go (with car....) on remote site (1h time) for a better restore performance (wan is 50 mbits, maybe in future 100 or 200).
The problem is to do the first backup..... i wanna do 1st on remote site and go on with incremental but sites has different subnet and dedicated veeam vm i think are on remote site. How i can do it?
1) go in A site
2) setup nas with A1 ip and connect it via nfs to esx infrastructure
3) install dedicated veeam vm on site A with A2 ip, use nas via nfs as datastore
4) install veeam b&r, use nas via hostname as backup target, make job and 1st backup
5) go on B site
6) change nas IP from Aip to Bip (not change haostname).
7) attach veeam vm to esx B infrastructure
8) start veaam vm, change A2 ip to B2.
9) restart veeab job, nas hostname is the same so i think it can be visible without particolar change.
10) (optional) move dedicated veeam vm to infrastructure datastore's with with better performance.
may work ? some one has tested or has a better solution ?
Maybe better mantein veeam dedicated vm on a site and move only nas to b site ?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 20526
- Liked: 1971 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 58 guests