Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Handynet
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Handy Networks

[Feature Request] Fix notification levels

Post by Handynet » 2 people like this post

One annoyance our clients using Veeam face is the repeat notifications of: "[Success] License key has been auto updated"

Every time we add a new client, they have to filter these notifications, and we hear about it. It sounds silly, but when license auto updating is enabled, they can easily see more of these than legitimate error notifications, and so their support teams get lost in the noise.

Disabling success notifications does not stop this, and disabling support contract and product update notifications will not either.

While this seems squarely in the territory of 'bug' (notification you can't disable through any means), we have been asked to submit a feature request about this. Please let us know if this can be done.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: [Feature Request] Fix notification levels

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Handy,

Just to clarify - you would like to stop license update notifications for your backup server or for the client backup servers managed by you? Also, not sure I fully understand what you mean by saying "Every time we add a new client, they have to filter these notifications".

Thanks!
Handynet
Novice
Full Name: Handy Networks

Post by Handynet » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

It would be great if you could turn off license update notifications. Right now there is no option to do so.

>>Also, not sure I fully understand what you mean by saying "Every time we add a new client, they have to filter these notifications".

It means that we have to go to the mail server that is being used by Veeam for SMTP to send notifications and create a rule that discards these messages. Basically, we only want a notification to be sent is the license update fails.

Please ignore the verbiage about clients, it is irrelevant. THe primary issue is that Veeam does not give you full control over what types of notifications are sent from the system.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Got it! Thanks for the feedback.
tmlittle2
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by tmlittle2 »

Was this ever resolved?
I'm suddenly getting hourly emails from Veeam with this subject line: [Success] License key has been auto updated
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Getting license update notifications on hourly basis sounds strange; might be worth reaching our support team for further investigation. Thanks.
cnordin
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Post by cnordin »

I would also like the ability to turn off the [Success] License key has been auto updated email notifications.
Any update on if/when this may be added?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Do you also get those notifications hourly? Typically, it should happen only upon successful license update - once a month or so, depending on licensing terms.
bill1217
Lurker
Full Name: Bill Rogers

Post by bill1217 »

I have the same exact issue. Every hour of the day I receive an email with the subject: "[Success] License key has been auto updated". I do not want to filter email so this notification goes to junk/clutter. I would prefer to change the update notification options/frequency. It is quiet annoying.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Bill, please contact our technical team to review the logs and see why you have these notifications arriving every hour.
cnordin
Novice

Post by cnordin » 1 person likes this post

@Eremin - I do not get them hourly no. At what frequency is normal for these to update?
Any idea if we will be able to turn off the success notification with a later update?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

I do not get them hourly no.
I'm wondering on what basis the notification is generated (if not hourly)?
At what frequency is normal for these to update?
Generally, once a month or so, depending on frequency with which license gets updated (think about planned license extension and so on).
Any idea if we will be able to turn off the success notification with a later update?
Currently there are no plans, but thank you for the feedback.
dntfmn
Service Provider
Full Name: Donovan Niesen

Post by dntfmn »

This is a daily nuisance for us as we're an MSP providing these services to our customer on a rental license so it frequently gets updated. How do we vote this feature up?
cnordin
Novice

Post by cnordin »

Its not very consistent, however I have received multiple notifications for the same server in a month. In some cases 5+ notification in this month alone.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Please let us investigate this by opening a support case, as this is not normal to receive more than 1 notification per month at most.
Joel13
Lurker
Full Name: Joel Foresman

Post by Joel13 » 1 person likes this post

Having the exact same issue- seems like it was introuduced in update 1 or 2.
Totally arbitrary, and I see it across multiple client sites.
agt
Service Provider
Full Name: G Thomson

Post by agt »

Still no way to turn these notifications off as of this date. Definitely an annoyance, filling up our ticket queue with "success" alerts.
MPev
Novice
Full Name: Martin Peverley

Post by MPev »

Wow, can't believe this has been an issue for so long. I'm getting weekly emails that started when we updated to 9.5
I just disabled the License > Update license automatically to see if that will stop it.
Has anyone ever explained how to determine the frequency? Is there a way to set the frequency? I'd be OK with one per month, but every week seems more than a touch ridiculous - "Let's check every week to see if your 12 month renewal has mysteriously changed it's expiration date."
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Perhaps no one opened a support case on this, which is why it is still not fixed. Can you please do it and post there the case ID? Need to investigate why are you getting these notifications when the license presumably stays the same in the portal. Thanks!
MPev
Novice
Full Name: Martin Peverley

Post by MPev »

Disabling the License > Update license automatically has stopped me from getting the email.

I'd like to help you (help me) by opening a case but I just don't have the time to work on this.