Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
zadrian
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Force jobs to stop at certain time

Post by zadrian »

We have certain replication jobs that can take hours....which I posted before (using remote site repository to replicate to ESXi in remote site, backup copy takes 2 hours but replication can take 10 hours).

I have like 20 backup jobs starting at 2200 hrs and after certain job completes, it will perform backup copy to a remote site (only 11 of the 20 jobs have backup copy).
99% of the time the jobs complete by 0500 hours, only once in a while it extends to 0530 and never crosses 0600.

So I start the replication jobs of these 11 VMs at 0800 hours (approx 1 or 2 VM per day) such that only one job runs at any time....job 1 starts on Monday 0800 and job 2 starts after job 1 completes, job 3 starts on Tuesday 0800 and job 4 after job 3 completes....

But sometimes the 2nd job of the day crosses 2200 the next day and causes either back up copy to be delayed or other replication jobs to fail (due to "Error: Source WAN accelerator error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. Error in __int64 __cdecl api::CSocketIP::Read(char *,unsigned __int64)" or other WAN accelerator errors.

Is there a way to set such that if jobs cross a certain time, the job will be cancelled ?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Force jobs to stop at certain time

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Probably you are looking for Backup Window settings.

Thanks!
zadrian
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Re: Force jobs to stop at certain time

Post by zadrian »

Hi PTide...
Thanks....this can be a workaround...

i will set a "blackout: time at 2200-2300 hours.....