Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Westbrook1
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: LM

Functionality

Post by Westbrook1 »

Would Veeam be able to take back ups of 400 physical servers across the UK and the store the backup locally to physical storage in HO and also in a cloud storage solution?

Then if the backups were needed could they be deployed to a different server for replacing a faulty server?

If so what would the licencing structure of this be?
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 619 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Re: Functionality

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello,
Yes this s possible. 400 remote servers are quite a lot discuss it over a forum, I would truly recommend you to engage with your partner, or at least with a Veeam Sales representative.

By what you are briefly describing, 400 servers are remote, and then yoy want to send a backup to a central HQ, and from there have a copy into the Cloud right?

I think the best scenario for this is Veeam Service Provider Console, which you can use on an use cade like yours, but pur Solutions Architect needa to approve the use of the software, etc.

In terms of licensing, it could not be simpler, we have what we call Veeam Universal Licensing, which is licensed by workload, meaning, 400 servers = 400 VUL. That will allow you to use the VSPC, Veeam Backup and Replication, and of course use local tier and Cloud, as you need to provide the storage.

As said, and as a fellow Systems Engineer, totally recommending here to engage with a Veeam Sales representative, who will bring an SE to the call, then an SA to help with design, network requirements, etc.

In terms of restoring, yes of course! You can use our baremetal ISO to recover to same or different hardware, or even trigger an Instant Recovery to VMware, Hyper-V, AHV, or even Public Cloud.

Let me know if you have any question, send me a PM if you want with details and I can forward it to according Sales team.

Thanks!
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion