Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mcrampton
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Crampton

Greyed out datastore created, now can't remove

Post by mcrampton »

Hi, we are in the initial stages of configuring our Veeam deployment. I configured a test lab for the "Sure backup" feature, and then removed it. However, it appears to have left behind a ghost datastore. I have a greyed out datastore called "VeeamBackup VEEAM (1) (inactive)". I can't remove it, as I get the error message "The object has already been deleted or not completely created." Can anyone provide any suggestions to get rid of this datastore? Also, any ideas why this would happen in the first place? Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Greyed out datastore created, now can't remove

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Mike,

Try removing this datastore directly from the ESX(i) host, should help. As for the initial reason why it showed up as grayed out, please contact our support team if you happen to see it once again.

Thanks.
mcrampton
Novice

Post by mcrampton »

Hi Vitaliy. The error message I indicated is what I receive when I try to remove the Datastore through VMware. Please advise, thanks.
mcrampton
Novice

Post by mcrampton »

Hi, never mind, when I log into the ESXi host directly rather than through Virtual Center, I am able to remove the datastore. Thanks.