Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tegroup
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Trevor

Group Several Backup(jobs) To Run at Same Time

Post by tegroup »

I have a bunch of backup jobs named after the server the job was run on.

Veeam created a nice folder names such as
  • Z:\VeeamBackups\ServerName01
  • Z:\VeeamBackups\ServerName02
  • Z:\VeeamBackups\ServerNameBCD
  • Z:\VeeamBackups\ServerNameABZ
  • Z:\VeeamBackups\ServerNameLast
I'd like to "group" two or more jobs together because we now have enough bandwidth to support backing up these remote sites at the same time.

I can set ServerName02 and ServerNameBCD to be backed up in the ServerName01 job, but the folder in the file system will still be D:\Backup\ServerName01.

Is there a way to group backup jobs together?
or
Rename the filesystem location where a specific job is backing up to (Rename Z:\VeeamBackups\ServerName01 to Z:\VeeamBackups\ServerName01-02-BCD) and move the backup from ServerName02 and ServerNameBCD to this new combined name directory?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Group Several Backup(jobs) To Run at Same Time

Post by Mildur »

Hello Trevor

It is not necessary to merge these jobs for increased parallel processing. Instead, schedule all jobs simultaneously and ensure that your proxy/repository has a sufficient number of task slots available to process workloads concurrently from all jobs.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

Recommendation for proxies: 2 Tasks per CPU Core
Recommendation for repositories: 2 Tasks per CPU Core, 1GB Memory per processed machine disk
Is there a way to group backup jobs together?
You can utilize our "Move Backup" feature, available in version 12 and later. This functionality allows you to seamlessly transfer a single workload from one job to another. The backup files will be moved (fastclone aware), and the workload will be added into the target job.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... nother-job

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software