Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
perjonsson1960
Veteran
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Per Jonsson

Health check start time in legacy backup copy job

Post by perjonsson1960 »

Folks,

It seems that the start time of the health check is ignored in legacy backup copy jobs with pruning selected.
I had the time set at 05:00 a.m. on the first Monday of the month (which is today), but the health check started at 11:45 a.m. when the new copy interval started.
Is this the expected behaviour?

Kind regards,
PJ
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Health check start time in legacy backup copy job

Post by Mildur »

Hi PJ

Legacy backup jobs still use the old behavior. Health check for Backup copy jobs runs at the start of a copy job:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/ba ... check.html
On the day when the health check is scheduled, Veeam Backup & Replication performs the following actions:
At the beginning of the backup copy session, Veeam Backup & Replication performs the health check for the latest restore point in the backup chain. If the latest restore point in the backup chain is incomplete, Veeam Backup & Replication checks the restore point preceding the latest one.
May I ask why you still keep the legacy copy jobs? Because of the missing infrastructure option or because of "copy from copy"?
"copy from copy" would be supported again starting with 12.1.1.56.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
perjonsson1960
Veteran
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Per Jonsson

Re: Health check start time in legacy backup copy job

Post by perjonsson1960 »

Fabian,

So, the option to set a time of day for the health check, in legacy backup copy jobs, shouldn't really be there?

The reason for keeping the legacy jobs is that we are in the process of moving VMs from our old VMware environment to a new one, and when the VMs have been moved, then we are creating new backup copy jobs that use mirroring. We only have a few VMs left to move, and I thought that it is best not to mess around with the legacy jobs.

PJ