Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
amos
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Amos

High DPI breaks Restore UI

Post by amos »

Hello. On a high DPI system (I'm on a 5K screen), running Veeam B&R 9.5 Update 4a, I see this problem:

When double-clicking a backup file to restore, where more than one VM is in the backup, a dialog box appears and prompts you to select the VM to restore. When running at anything other than 100% display scaling, the UI table with the list of VMs is either too short to see more than the header row, or entirely absent. Also, the little "Reading file, this ..." dialog also truncates its text.

Support suggested I post the issue here with a couple screenshots. Case# 03511694.

High DPI 200% scaling
https://pasteboard.co/I9PJ9jK.png

High DPI 100% scaling
https://pasteboard.co/I9PJQ5x.png
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: High DPI breaks Restore UI

Post by Gostev »

Hello,

I'm very sorry that your support engineer wasted your time asking to post this on the forums. They are supposed to escalate bugs into R&D according to our standard workflow, instead of having customers post them here. Perhaps your support engineer is a new hire... I really apologize for this.

I forwarded this onto the support management, they will take care of escalating this bug into R&D for fixing. You don't need to do anything else.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!
amos
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Amos

Re: High DPI breaks Restore UI

Post by amos »

Thanks Gostev. I did wonder but didn't push it since I don't have an active support agreement and I was just happy that he took the time to look at the problem with me and provide a workaround.

Incidentally, someone new just took on the support file and reached out but did not appear to know about the forum post so there is still some sort of disconnect. I have emailed them the URL.

It isn't a big problem but it is nice to know that customer issues are taken seriously. I have a new environment I'm testing your product on and it is nice to get a feel for the support before I commit funds. Thanks!