How to make a CLEAN uninstall ?

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

How to make a CLEAN uninstall ?

Veeam Logoby Psiloceras » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 am

Hello,

I have installed Veeam Backup & Replication on a test environment. In order to fill our own wiki, I uninstalled it (following https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95) to make it again, more slowly, and write every step. But at the end it finished with an error and I discovered that Veeam installs a SQL Server that is not removed and blocks any attempt to reinstall the software. And I can't manage to uninstall all properly in order to install it again.
Could I have a cleean process to uninstall the software, please.
Psiloceras
Influencer

Liked: 2 times

Re: How to make a CLEAN uninstall ?

Veeam Logoby foggy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 am

You can remove SQL Server software and other redistributables installed as a part of Veeam B&R installation using Add/Remove Programs. Please contact technical support, if you need assistance in cleaning everything up.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1110 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby dellock6 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Also, after you removed all the programs, you can delete the SQL installation folder, the Veeam installation folder under program files, and the log folder under programdata.
Luca Dell'Oca
EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
http://www.virtualtothecore.com
vExpert 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016
Veeam VMCE #1
dellock6
Veeam Software

Liked: 1361 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Veeam Logoby Psiloceras » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:56 pm

thank you all :)

My problem was not only related to the SQL Server (you have to uninstall all the parts in a specific order and to go find some last remains in the registry). I had to go in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.VEEAMSQL2012\MSSQL\DATA and there I had to savagely destroy VeeamBackup and VeeamBackup_log.

Once done, Veeam could be reinstalled properly :D
Psiloceras
Influencer

Liked: 2 times

[MERGED] Uninstalled Veeam but some components still there

Veeam Logoby xmzmc » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:35 am

Hi,

We recently moved Veeam Backup & Replication to another server. Therefore, I uninstalled it from server1 (Windows 2012R2) through the control panel (appwiz.cpl). I also uninstalled all Sql databases and Sql software from the server through appwiz.cpl. Unfortunately there still seem to be some leftovers of Veeam (even after reboot). These are the leftovers:

- Veeam Log Shipper. I can still see this running in services.msc. How do I clean this?
- Sql databases. Apparantly there's still some Veeam databases running on server1? Because this server is being backed up by Veeam and it reports the databases being present there. How do I clean this? (all Sql servers are already removed through appwiz.cpl)

Thanks
xmzmc
Novice

Liked: never

Re: Uninstalled Veeam but some components still there

Veeam Logoby DGrinev » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi,

Please review this discussion for additional information.
Also, do not hesitate to contact our support team to ask for assistance in uninstalling the product. Thanks!
DGrinev
Veeam Software

Liked: 63 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication