Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

How to specify mount options for Linux proxy to NFS repo?

Post by mikeely »

Trying to find NFS tuning options in the repo configuration because this (the default mount) is... suboptimal:

Code: Select all

rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,soft,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=5,sec=sys,mountaddr=1.2.3.4,mountvers=3,mountport=782,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=1.2.3.4
What's really funny about the above is that VBR shows this as "nfs41" in the repo list. But that aside I'd really prefer to tweak the above for better performance. Since the proxy mounts these dynamically I can't just set values in fstab - where are the knobs to turn?
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: How to specify mount options for Linux proxy to NFS repo?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I'm pretty sure that NFS tuning does not solve performance issues... the main tuning mechanism with (non-recommended) NAS protocols is the backup mode.

Which backup mode are you using? Forward incremental with active full avoids merges. That should solve your performance issues.

Best regards,
Hannes
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Post by mikeely »

We're doing forward incremental with weekly active fulls. Also this statement is completely risible: "NFS tuning does not solve performance issues..."
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
nitramd
Veteran
Liked: 85 times

Post by nitramd » 1 person likes this post

Hi Mike.

If you're using NFSv3, update the parameter RPCNFSDCOUNT in /etc/sysconfig/nfs to 64 - this will allow for more streams. You'll also want to monitor in case of performance issues.