Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
perjonsson1960
Veteran
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Per Jonsson

Incremental copy was not processed

Post by perjonsson1960 »

Folks,

After the installation of B&R v11, I am getting e-mails about failed backup copy jobs, where usually one of the VMs has the error "Incremental copy was not processed during the previous copy interval", and in the copy jobs list it is marked as "Failed". But when I look in the job log, everything is green, all VMs are marked with "Success". During the past 24 hours I have received four such e-mails, and the jobs are marked as "Failed" in the job list, but in the individual job logs everything is green. What is it that is generating these failure indications?

Regards,
PJ
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Incremental copy was not processed

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
That sounds like a technical issue. If everything is green, then a job should also be "success" instead of "failed" Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
perjonsson1960
Veteran
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Per Jonsson

Post by perjonsson1960 »

I have looked at the history, and it seems that if the job hasn't managed to copy all the VMs within 24 hours, this error occurs, and then it does a new copy of the "missing" VMs during the next copy interval. But the status of the job is not changed to "Success" after this, even though the job log is in the green. If the job is somehow "out of sync", perhaps this will correct itself if I do a "Sync now" and let it start a new copy interval?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2288 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Job will be success, after it's finished a entire interval without any error.

If you are looking now on the first run after the failed interval, it's normal that the status stays "failed".
Wait for the interval to be finished with all the green vms, and the backup copy job will be marked "success" :)
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

it seems that if the job hasn't managed to copy all the VMs within 24 hours
then the error message is correct and the product is working as expected (assuming that you have a 24h copy interval)