1) Software itself is installed under the domain Administrator account.
2) Special account "Veeam" has been created with network admin rights
3) Backup sources (servers that need to be backed up) have had "Veeam" network account added as a local admin
4)SQL services are configured to use this special account
5) "Veeam" account has "logon as a service" enabled
6) NAS is a QNAP that has user Veeam created with password identical to that of the domain user "Veeam"
Now the problem: If the Active Directory is down - Veeam B&R backups fails to make any backups. So if AD server is being taken down for maintenance, restoration or repair - we can't make backups. Here is the error that we are seeing:
Code: Select all
Starting guest agent Cannot connect to host [192.168.1.18] over VIX library. Login: [root]. GuestLogin: [domain\veeam]. Cannot login into the virtual machine: [[datastore1] server1.domain.lan/server.domain.lan.vmx]. User: [domain\veeam]. VIX Error: Authentication failure or insufficient permissions in guest operating system Code: 3015 Indexing guest file system Veeam Guest Agent is not started Freezing guest operating system Veeam Guest Agent is not started