royp
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Roy P

Instant Recovery question

Post by royp »

We have Veeam B&R Vers 7.0.0.839
ESXi 5.1.0,799733

When I run through a test instant recovery it runs up fine using the alternate option and puts a 2nd VM in vcenter as expected.
HOWEVER
When I then try to use the Migrate to Publishing option within Veeam IR
I run through the options as per your video on the veeam site
EXCEPT
I want to test having the changes I made on the IR Vm (I simply created 1 extra folder on the desktop) copied onto the original VM

HOWEVER it keeps saying that "NO FREE SPACE ON DATASTORE "and then the name of the original vm server".
The Original VM data store clearly shows that it is 100gig in size and still has over 69 gigs free.

I realise I can create a whole new Datastore and point the IR vm to that but I thought the idea of IR was to quickly push the incremental changes between a downed server going offline and and coming back online to the original Datastore.
Im confused here as Im clearly seeing a 100gig datastore with the original vm located on there with over 69 gigs free.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Instant Recovery question

Post by foggy »

royp wrote:I realise I can create a whole new Datastore and point the IR vm to that but I thought the idea of IR was to quickly push the incremental changes between a downed server going offline and and coming back online to the original Datastore.
Not sure I follow you here. 'Migrate to production' option just performs a restore of the entire VM from its backup and then adds the changes made to an instantly recovered VM to it, not to the original VM. Are you probably confusing it with failback to original location?