Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TheVirtualDude
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Faisal Farooqui

Is VBR timing out or failing to connect to DR ESX host

Post by TheVirtualDude »

I have been trying to replicate my VMs offsite to our DR location for a while now. Every once in a while my veeam server fails the replication with the following message:

Connecting Failed to login to "esx4.domain.com" by SSH, port 22, user "root", elevateToRoot False, autoSudo False A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.168.10:22

I am on v4.1 for Veeam Backup and Replication and local hosts are ESXi 4.1 replicating to our DR site running ESX 4.0. The VBR server is installed as a VM with dual proc and 4 GB ram. Has anyone else come across this issue in their environments and if so, how do I resolve. This really getting frustrating since I am getting inconsistent replication jobs.

Also I am trying out HyperIP this week as a trial to see if that helps in case something was timing out. This set up worked fine on a couple of servers then the message above returned.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Re: Is VBR timing out or failing to connect to DR ESX host

Post by Gostev »

Sounds like the connection is not very good, so HyperIP should definitely help. We are using it internally with Veeam Backup to replicate critical VMs across our datacenters. You will get up to 5x replication speed improvement, too.