Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
HansMeiser
Enthusiast
Liked: never

issue during deletion of a job with secondary destinations

Post by HansMeiser »

Hello,

currently we use Veeam B&R 12.0.0.1420 P20230718

Yesterday i had a strange behaviour of B&R during deletion of a job. I performed these steps:
- make clone of existing job with 2 secondary destinations. the secondary destinations are a copy and a tape job.
- the clone had no secondary destinations configured, but i think this is expected.
- now i wanted to delete the source job and got warning about active secondary destinations. so i canceled, then i edited the sourcejob and unchecked „Configure secondary destinations for this job“
- now i could delete the source job without warning
- at this point i got an suprising result. i looked into the jobs which were configured as secondary destinations and both jobs lost all their objects to backup. So a new jobstart would backup zero VMs etc.
- i could easily readd my objects to the copy and tape job but i think this really strange behaviour.

- today i made a new test and cloned again. this time i really removed the secondary destinations from sourcejob before deletion and i noticed no odd behaviour.
So is this a bug or did i something wrong?

b.t.w reason for cloning the job is the visible Jobname under menu item "backups". You can rename your job and take backups, but if you are looking for a backup it shows only the name of the job it had at first start of the job. So renaming a job has no effect of saved jobnames within the backups.

Thanks,
Hans
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: issue during deletion of a job with secondary destinations

Post by Mildur »

Hi Hans

Sounds unexpected and should be troubleshooted by our customer support team.
Can you please open a support case and provide them with the current debug logs?
Don't forget to share the case number with me.

Thank you very much,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software