Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 118 times

issue to replicate catalogue VBR to EM

Post by matteu » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

My support ticket is : 03826533

I have an issue on Enterprise manager where I can see error to replicate catalog from veeam server.
I don't know really where I have to look.

Is there something I can do to recrete it ?
When I try to find file on EM website I can't find them without mount restore point.

Thanks for your help.
matteu
Veeam Legend

Re: issue to replicate catalogue VBR to EM

Post by matteu »

Hi,

Can someone help me pls ?

Is it possible to recreate only catalog from Enterprise manage ? If yes, what I have to do ?
I see I can repair enterprise manager on program and feature, but I'm not sure this will solve my issue.
I alsee find I can recreate Enterprise manager Database but I suppose this mean I have to rebuild all my environment connection after this step .

Is there any "easy" fix instead of break all my EM setup ?
matteu
Veeam Legend

Post by matteu »

Hi,

Support Veeam is not really efficient on this case. Someone could help me to know what I have to test to try to solve this issue ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Since this is a technical issue, I recommend to continue investigating with the help of your support engineer - I can see that the case has already been escalated. Btw, have you tried re-adding Veeam B&R to EM?
matteu
Veeam Legend

Post by matteu »

There is 1 EM and 3 VBR all VBR are affected.
Issue seems to be located on EM no?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I agree, thanks for that clarification. Please continue working with our engineers on that. Thanks!
matteu
Veeam Legend

Post by matteu »

To be honest, the support on this case is not efficient...

They ask us to install EM on an other server to test if the issue persist.
The customer doesn't want it, and I agree with him... He has an issue on Server A and he wants veeam support helps him on Server A.

I don't know how to reset indexe on EM for all veeam server... If we uninstall and install EM again on the Server A, index history is kept ? it will be rebuilt ?
How does it works really cause in the documentation I can read files are locally indexes on VBR server and then sent on EM server.
I support EM process them and integrate them in Database ? Is it possible to rebuild only index EM database ?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

While I admit customer doesn't want to do so, sometimes it is required to involve other servers to track the issue down to a specific one.

Index data is indeed synced to EM server from backup servers, however, I'm not sure if EM will be able to pick up indices after re-installation/re-adding backup servers nor I cannot confirm that it will sync again the files that were already synced previously (for ex. if you try to delete everything). I'd recommend continuing the investigation and use the Talk to a Manager button if you're not satisfied with how it is going.