Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ejleipold
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Evan Leipold

Issues with Incremental after seeding to another repository

Post by ejleipold »

Hi Guys,

Having a weird issue since installing patch 1 (probably not related).

The problem is:

I needed to seed some backups to my local datacentre (as I have done previously), so I created a brand new job, ran a full backup, moved the backup files to an external hard drive, rescanned the repository, moved the backup files to my veeam server at the datacentre, rescanned its repository then changed the backup job to point to the new repository and ran the job.

Unfortunately now though, it refused to do incrementals and keeps trying to run a full backup (which isnt practical across my WAN link).

Anyone encountered this problem before? Like I said this process has worked fine for me previously, prior to the latest patch.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Issues with Incremental after seeding to another reposit

Post by foggy »

Evan, I do not see the mapping step in your procedure. Have you mapped the job to the existing backup files? Here is the step-by-step outline.
ejleipold
Enthusiast

Post by ejleipold »

Sorry yep, I mapped them when I changed the backup job, still wanted to run a full backup :(

To be honest, when I've done this previously, I didnt even have to map the backups, it just figured it out :/ But this time I tried mapping.

I'm going to try it again tomorrow, just seems a bit odd.
ejleipold
Enthusiast

Post by ejleipold »

Still not working, followed the procedure to the letter and it still just creates a whole new backup set after its been moved/mapped etc. I've logged a support request with Veeam (ID#5214906) and so far they are scratching their heads :)

We're having a WebEx session tomorrow night, hopefully they can figure it out, coz it sure is weird.
ejleipold
Enthusiast

Post by ejleipold »

well, surprisingly the Veeam support guy did the exact same things I did, but it appears to still be running a full backup (albeit that it doesnt actually say its a full and its generating a vib file in the repository) it still looks like its running a full (based on the amount of data its transferring). :(
ejleipold
Enthusiast

Post by ejleipold »

Well it's still rather broken :( The problem has been escalated to a more senior engineer, lets see how that goes...